Advertising for nonprofits is possible through different digital marketing strategies and ideas where you don’t have to spend a lot.
Though nonprofits are always on the lookout for free ways to advertise their advocacy (e.g., by word of mouth or through volunteers), they should still go the digital marketing route to improve their presence online in the most inexpensive method.
How to advertise nonprofit organizations
Nonprofit organizations can advertise through Google Grant where qualified nonprofit organizations are given up to $10,000 per month in search ads.
Google Ad Grants provides free advertising for nonprofit organizations by giving free Google Ads, which can be used to drive awareness, attract donations, recruit volunteers, and other organizational goals.
It is very easy to apply for Google Grants.
- Apply for a Google for Nonprofits account
- You are eligible to apply if you are not a governmental entity or organization, not a hospital or healthcare organization, and not a school, academic institution, or university.
- Activate Ad Grants
- Launch your Ad Grants campaign
However easy these steps may be, take note that your nonprofit organization should pass all the criteria before being granted a $10K budget for ads. Apply to find out if your organization is eligible.
Can nonprofit organizations use advertising?
Depending on where you are in the world, you have to know the nonprofit advertising rules in your country first.
For instance, the IRS in the United States can collect income tax if your nonprofit organization is generating revenue from advertising. It can range from 15 to 45 percent of that revenue. Sometimes, they can tag sponsorships as taxable depending on the circumstances.
How much do nonprofits spend on advertising?
They say nonprofits should not spend on advertising, but organizations must have a budget of at least five to 15 percent.
This is enough for digital advertising through online methods such as boosted posts or using paid platforms. Without a budget, it would be more challenging to rely on your own ways to promote your cause.
Where nonprofits should advertise
Aside from Google Grant, you can also make use of social media to advertise your nonprofit organization and your advocacy.
- You can make use of this platform not just for video ads, but also for your audiovisual content.
- You can create fundraising events.
- Increase your following and get influencers to promote your cause.
- Make use of hashtags and join the conversations.
Other nonprofit marketing ideas
There are a lot of successful marketing strategies for nonprofit organizations that you can try.
- Create impactful videos.
- Evoke emotions through powerful videos about your advocacy.
- An effect on the emotion can drive people to donate or help your cause in any way.
- Videos can convey your message in an understandable manner.
- Audiovisual content is shareable.
- Make use of influencers.
- Find the right advocate with little to no money spent and get the most influential people devoted to your cause to spread the word about your organization.
- Do more email marketing.
- Use compelling subject lines to attract readers.
- Go straight to the point with the message.
- Use impactful content such as photos or videos.
- Regular newsletters help people learn more about your organization and cause.
- Make use of user-generated content.
- Real stories are relatable.
- UGC is shareable and can go viral.
The Digiters can help
There is no need to rely on nonprofit advertising examples online because the Digiters can help. It is better to hire an expert who can assist you with the technicalities of setting up an advertisement for your nonprofit organization and executing digital marketing strategies. You don’t have to do it yourself, especially if you must dedicate your free time to your advocacies and other matters. It’s time to get a global expert who can do it for you and match your budget.
Reach out to us and discover how! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org today.