The Digiters is a Swiss-based and managed group of digital masters and remote consultants from around the world. We are an offsite extended team of creative, tech, and marketing consultants. We provide guidance and services to help businesses and organizations shape and drive their transformation journey to remain at the forefront of the Digital Age.
The Joy of Working With Us
By being a Digiter, you get to work with European clients and you have access to professional coaching and training. Work hours are flexible and you can choose if you want to be part-time or full-time. You have total freedom because we operate in a fully-remote working environment and you can work on your preferred projects. Plus, you can get performance bonuses and opportunities for professional development! The possibilities are endless with the Digiters!
We are looking for an experienced mid-senior backend developer to join our team. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. You will work closely with our developers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience, as well as managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. By integrating the front-end elements built by other developers in the team, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our client’s needs.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Proven work experience as a backend developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Does this look like something you are passionate about? Kindly fill-out this form.