The Digiters is a Swiss-based and managed group of digital masters and remote consultants from around the world. We are an offsite extended team of creative, tech, and marketing consultants. We provide guidance and services to help businesses and organizations shape and drive their transformation journey to remain at the forefront of the Digital Age.
The Joy of Working With Us
By being a Digiter, you get to work with European clients and you have access to professional coaching and training. Work hours are flexible and you can choose if you want to be part-time or full-time. You have total freedom because we operate in a fully-remote working environment and you can work on your preferred projects. Plus, you can get performance bonuses and opportunities for professional development! The possibilities are endless with the Digiters!
We are looking for a data scientist that will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with products. The ideal candidate will build data products to extract valuable business insights, and should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Formulates and leads guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data.
- Interprets and analyzes data using exploratory mathematical and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiments against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Leads all data experiments tasked by the team.
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intel Analysts.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
- Works closely with all business units and dev teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
Does this look like something you are passionate about? Send your CV to email@example.com today!